|Name||Dr. Taraknath Kundu|
|Designation||Assistant Professor |
M.Sc. / 2001 / University of Calcuta|
Ph.D. / 2008 / Bose Institute / Jadavpur University
Post-doc / 2008-09 / Bose Institute, Kolkata
Post-doc / 2009-12 / Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
|Areas of Interest||Synthetic Organic Chemistry of Heterocycles,|
Isolation and Total synthesis of Natural Products
|Work Experience||Post-doc: 3.5 Years|
Teaching: 2 Years at NIT Sikkim (April, 2012-14)
|Teachings||Chemistry (CY1001) |
Chemistry Lab (CY1094)
|List of Publications|
List of Publication:1. "\sigma-Ferrier rearrangement of carbohydrate derived vinylcycloprpanes: A facile approach to oxepine analogs" V. Ganesh+, Taraknath Kundu+ and S. Chandrasekaran* (Submitted, 2014)(+Authors contributed equally).
2. "Electrophile-Induced C-C Bond Activation of Vinylcyclopropanes for the Synthesis of Z-Alkylidenetetrahydrofurans" - V. Ganesh, Taraknath Kundu, S. Chandrasekaran* J. Org. Chem., 78 (2), pp 380-399 (2013).
3. "An efficient, general synthesis of 2-substituted 3,6-dihydropyrrolo[3,2-e]indoles involving one-pot Sonogashira coupling and cyclisation" - M. Rakshit, Taraknath Kundu, G. K. Kar* and M. Chakrabarty, Monatsh Chem. 144 (05), pp 717-724 (2013))
4. "10 Years of Click Chemistry: Synthesis and Applications of Ferrocene Derived Triazoles." - V. Ganesh, V. Sai Sudhir, Taraknath Kundu and S. Chandrasekaran* Chem. An Asian J., 6 (10), 2670-2694, (2011) (A Review Article; Amongst the 25 most accessed papers in this journal in 2012).
5. "An expedient, regioselective synthesis of novel 2-alkylamino- and 2-alkylthio-thiazolo[5,4-e]- and -[4,5-g]indazoles and their anticancer potential." - M. Chakrabarty,* Taraknath Kundu, S. Arima and Yoshihiro Harigaya, Tetrahedron, 64 (28), 6711-6723, (2008).
6. "N-Bromosuccinimide- A selective, mild substitute for bromine"-a mini-review-Taraknath Kundu, Synlett (Spotlight-152), (3), 498-499, (2006).
7. "Mild deprotection of tert-butyl carbamates of NH-heteroarenes under basic conditions" - M. Chakrabarty,* Taraknath Kundu and Y. Harigaya, Synth. Commun., 36 (14), 2069-2077, (2006).
8. "An expedient, regioselective synthesis of 2-alkylamino- and 2-alkylthio- thiazolo[5,4-e]indoles" - M. Chakrabarty*, Taraknath Kundu, S. Arima, and Y. Harigaya, Tetrahedron Lett., 46 (16), 2865-2868, (2005).
9. "Clay-mediated reactions of indoles with cyclohexane-1,3-diones: an expedient route to indolylcyclohexenones" - M. Chakrabarty*, Taraknath Kundu and Y. Harigaya, J. Chem. Res., (11), 778-780, (2004).
Poster Presentations in Symposia:1. "Electrophile-Induced C-C Bond Activation of Vinylcyclopropanes: Syntheses of Z-Alkylidenetetrahydrofurans, and Oxepin Analogs by Ring Expansion through \sigma Ferrier Rearrangement in Carbohydrates" Taraknath Kundu, V. Ganesh and S. Chandrasekaran* - National Symposium on Sustainable Chemistry: Frontiers and Challenges (SCFC-2014) held at North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya, India during 27th February-01st March, 2014.
2. "Bromenium Catalysed Cascade Cyclization of Vinylcyclopropanes and Vinylcyclobutanes"-V. Ganesh, Taraknath Kundu and S. Chandrasekaran,* - Pfizer Symposium on Organic Chemistry held at Dept. of Organic Chemistry, IISc, Bangalore on November 4th, 2011. (Won the best poster award).
3. "Regioselective synthetsis of 2-substituted thiazolo[5,4-e]indoles" - Taraknath Kundu and M. Chakrabarty,* Abstr., P-91, Joint International Conference on Advances in Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology (AOCCB-2006), held at Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad during January 11-12, 2006.
4. "Reaction of indoles with carbonyl compounds on montmorillonite K10 clay: some recent observations" - S. Karmakar, Taraknath Kundu, A. Mukherji and M. Chakrabarty,* Abstr., P-149, 7th CRSI National Symposium in Chemisry (NSC-7), held at Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata during February 4-6, 2005.
|Membership of Professional Bodies||Life Member,|
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata
|Achievements||UGC CSIR NET (JRF) in July, 2001|
|Office Address||Department of Chemistry|
National Institute of Technology Sikkim
Ravangla, South Sikkim
PIN 737 139
03595 - 260042